Sunday, August 3, 2008

The Main Event

Alright people! We have access to internet, a cord for a computer and I am in business to talk Ireland. There are so many great photos to share, but I don't think they will all fit in one post. So consider this an Ireland blog mini-series.

Today: The Main Event (i.e. Amy and Patrick's Wedding)
Wednesday: Aran Island Day Trip
Thursday: Castle Mania
Friday: Random, hilarious things we found/saw in Ireland

So, onto the main event! Amy and Patrick were married at Knappogue Castle in Quin, Ireland. It was legitimately one of the most beautiful spots we saw in Ireland, and could not have been more perfect for the two of them. The day was absolutely gorgeous and did not rain a drop (after flooding took out power the night before). The bagpiper, harpist and priest added greatly to the ambiance of the ceremony.



The bagpiper piped the beautiful bride and groom down the aisle along with the bridal party. Oh yeah..did I mention the groomsmen wore killer kilts?


Here is the happy couple right after the ceremony:


After dinner there was seriously amazing food...some ridiculous goat cheese wonton thing that I devoured, the best cooked carrots I've ever had (and my Mom can attest that I hate cooked carrots), some chicken, some DELICIOUS carrot and coriander soup and more. Best wedding food ever....hands down.

Then add on some amazing atmosphere set by madrigal singers and a traditional irish folk band.

This of course led to some serious Irish Jigging...



There was cake to be cut. Of course, this could only be done medivial style---with sword.
Then of course the real revelry started, with lots of Guiness, lots of Malibu for me, and a serious amount of sausages. No really...at about midnight they brought out plates and plates of what can only be likened to Lil' Smokies...Nate was very impressed.

Then the dance party began. I did somehow manage to get myself in a Zoolander-ish dance-off to some other drunk dude at the wedding to Good Vibrations. Not sure how that happened...but know I am praying there isn't video out there somewhere.



The dance party could only end one way for Amy's wedding: with Michael Jackson. So we busted out Thriller...check out everyone's moves.


This was an amazing wedding, and Amy's friends and family are so great! It was the best part of our trip and a wedding I will never forget.

CONGRATS AMY AND PATRICK!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool Pictures Gert...I wonder if I should try wearing a kilt next week when musky fishing on the Big Chip..... Could make for an interesting cocktail hour conversation!!!!

dad

Becca said...

Oh Hooray! I am so excited to see these pics. Wow, what an amazing setting, a gorgeous couple. Plus I just know how much FUN AMY is, I can't imagine her soulmate?! And her FAMILY :) Wow, what a special friend. Looks like a blast. You looked beautiful too hon. And Nate's vest! So dapper!

Amy J said...

Greta, we're back safely and glad you are back safely as well! Nice blogging of the wedding festivities I enjoyed reading it all. But you forgot to mention how you whipped our wedding in to shape with your top notch organizational and verbal skills! I am writing it in your blog so that everyone knows how awesome you are. I am so grateful for all your help on my 'big day' you really put me at ease for taking charge and keeping some hands out of the pot. I owe you bigtime! We had a wonderful time I'm so glad you and Nate were there I hope you feel it was all worth it! I couldn't have imagined it without you!!!

Anonymous said...

Um hell yeah it was worth it! I wouldn't have missed it for the world! I loved whipping the castle "non" coordinator in shape, and am glad I could help out! Can't wait to hear all about the honeymoon :)