Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Gluttony

Tonight was book club. I love book club night. I priortize it over almost anything, and I always look forward to it.

Sadly, not many people showed up tonight, which was sad on two levels.

1) I hope this doesn't mean book club is dying.
2) I won this awesome tasting at Noodles for me and 8 friends, and only 3 people besides myself were there to eat it.

This meant SERIOUS gluttony on our parts...we are talking 2 appetizers, 2 salads, SIX pasta dishes and 3 dessert.

Of course they say they are 'tasting portions' but I'm not sure who they are kidding. I am pretty sure Nate could eat Noodles for leftovers for the next week and we would still have some left.

IT was really fun though because I always get my favorite stand-by item: Japanese Pan Noodles.

And I am telling you they have the world's best rice crispie bar (sorry Mom!).

3 comments:

Debra Fiterman said...

DO NOT LET BOOK CLUB DIE!!! Greta--I left you in charge...you have 2 more months. I expect to come home to a vibrant book club...and another opportunity for free food! (was the new book announced? Let me know!) Seriously missing you! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Greta, get books with more pictures and words that were typed slower so people can enjoy them longer....I am here to help.
Uncle Todd

Anonymous said...

Uncle Todd is HILARIOUS!!! He NEEDS to move back to Vernon County so we can be entertained on a more routine basis. Wish I would have been there to enjoy all that delicious food AND dessert! Love, Mom