Thursday, May 19, 2011

Well, That was Harsh

From Facebook to Blogs, I realize that in opting into these social mediums, I am opting in to people expressing their opinions on my opinions. And I am totally open to that. Agree. Disagree. Agree to disagree. I am fine with that.

But then I receive this comment tonight posted under the Magazine Cuisine about Asparagus:

Anonymous said...



You are a dumb bitch.


And I find myself wondering:
1) Is this a person I know?
2) Does this person understand the definition of dumb? Because while I am definitely not the most brilliant person that walked this earth, I certainly am not dumb. Perhaps I type too fast and incur spelling errors, and use loose grammar while I blog but this does not, in my humble opinion, qualify me as 'dumb'
3) How can someone who clearly has such a STRONG opinion of me, so WEAKLY state it. Really Anonymous
4) Do I care what some random nobody in cyber space thinks of me?

Perhaps, this is one of those weird spam posters like I had a year ago and turned out to be a bunch of swear words written in Japanese.

Perhaps I will choose to believe that.

But just in case it's not, I do just want to make anonymous aware that this dumb person has analytics on her blog, and can relatively easily (mustering all of my brain cells) track down where this comment came from. So assuming you are not actually anonymous, and someone I know---just know that I know that you know that I now know what you think of me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always thought by definition a bitch was a female dog...lol...I think it funny how people think their computer hides them behind a curtain like the great wizard of OZ, never to be seen, when in reality your computer footprint is akin to running thru fresh cement, the marks you leave are there forever for anyone to see, one only has to look. Like they say back home "Joke em".
Uncle Todd

Anonymous said...

You go girl.....!!!! See ya tonite!!

DAd

H.Maxwell said...

this post was hilarious. Three cheers for web analytics. LOL

Anonymous said...

WEB ANALYTICS...WHAT A GREAT INVENTION!!!!! ALL THE MORE REASON I REALLY DON'T BEILEVE IN THESE MYSTERIOUS CONTRAPTIONS CALLED COMPUTERS!!!!! TOF...HAVE GREAT WEEKEND...WISH I COULD BE THERE!!!

Anonymous said...

Dang.....
So do you know who it is?!??!
hahaha
I could do some cyber stalking retaliation to vend my dear sisters honor! ;)