Sunday, May 1, 2011

Learning the Ropes

This weekend was very special to me: I got to meet Amy's baby for the first time! And he was all I imagined to be. Sweet. Snuggly. Adorable. All sorts of baby goodness.


And his Mom and Dad were equally great. It was so refreshing, affirming, calming and a whole lot of other words I can't say to be around Patrick and Amy.  To have one of your best friends going through something as life changing as a pregnancy at the same time as you is priceless. And to be able to witness Amy and Patrick so at ease with Paddy Jr., even with his surprise entrance into this world, was something so extremely special to me.
They showered me with advice. Calmed my fears about post-delivery. Perhaps sparked a few new fears about actual delivery :). I especially loved hearing Patrick's take on the big event, and am so happy that someone FINALLY came clean with me that 'it' smells. I couldn't imagine it being an odorless process but no one ever speaks of these things.

Anyway, I left Milwaukee sad that I don't live closer to this wonderful family of 3 (ok 5, if you count the dogs!), but also very excited and anxious for Nate and I to bring a child into this world that can learn all the tricks of being a baby from Paddy Jr!

But at 33 weeks, we aren't quite ready for Baby H to arrive. So we are hoping that Baby H stays put at least for 4 more weeks. And if Baby H could land on about 7 pounds that would be appreciated by it's Mom....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Thank you for the quick post. I was so anxious to see a photo of Paddie. He is adorable and has more hair than I pictured in my mine. He has already filled out nicely. His mama is looking great. Sounds like you had a great weekend. By the tummy photo it appears that Baby H still has plenty of growing to do. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

DITTO ON THE TUMMY PHOTO...I THINK YOU ARE GOING TO BE THE NEWLY DELIVERED MOM WHO PUTS ON HER 'REGULAR' JEANS AND TAKES BABY HOME...PEOPLE WILL HATE YOU FOR THAT!!!! BEST TO YOU AND DAD HANSON, LOVE,TOF

Amy J said...

Thanks for all the kind words Greta, you're making me tear up! I think that means the pregnancy/birth hormones still haven't let up :) Paddy boy misses you - you were a joy to have. It was a great weekend and perfect timing...not too soon and not too late. Especially to get the advice you were looking for was still pretty fresh in our heads...and the smell was pretty fresh in someone else's head apparently. Ha ha! xoxo Amy

Anonymous said...

love to see yourpussy mum

Anonymous said...

see it i want my hand inside feeling it, fingerfuck her