Saturday, February 13, 2010

Messed Up

It's official. I am seriously messed up with jet lag.

I wasn't really expecting it since we adjusted to well on the way over to Thailand, but holy smokes has it been a rough go of it this week.

I have YET to function after 8PM, even though I am literally falling asleep every night at 8 or 9 (when Nate forces me to try to stay up). Which means of course I am up at the butt crack of dawn every morning. And even when I manage to sleep in to a normal time I am STILL tired at 8PM.

And this isn't the oh I feel tired but can stay up sort of tired. This is the eyelids close immediately, drifting off to sleep only to be woken up by a freight train type of tired.

So this whole week has been work and sleep, with very little else cool going on, or getting done. Period. Except of course school, which goes until 9PM which therefore comes DANGEROUSLY close to overlapping with sleep.

Anyway, the point is this weekend is all about sleeping in short bursts in the middle of the day so I have a fighting chance of actually starting to stay awake long enough to do something enjoyable at night like watch TV, read a book, work-out, eat food...pretty much anything.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That jet lag stuff is nasty business...I even get truck lag traveling from Liberty....See you guys next weekend!
Dad

Anonymous said...

I hope Dawn is cute. Nate is like the creamy middle of the oreo cookie.
Uncle Todd