Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The Final Days

In the final days of soaking up all the sun possible in Koh Samui, we did a full-day excursion complete with snorkeling, kayaking, more hiking, and plenty of beach time.


Snorkeling was good. I got kind of freaked out by all of the sea urchins and had to keep coming up and double-check with Nate that they don't attack.

It took multiple like 'shocks' for me to finally ask Nate if he was getting stung, and he nodded yes, and we HIGH-TAILED it out of the water. Apparently there were multiple little jelly-fish. Just as we got out of the water, Nate saw a Portugese Man of War...yikes!

After snorkeling we headed to a beautiful beach, took in the scenery and headed on a "little" hike that included a ton of very steep stairs...and climbing through some narrow spots.



The view was worth it.


So, we are officially back in the States. First order of business was to SHOVEL...(awesome), and now we are both elbow deep in studying. Nate has an accounting exam tomorrow night, and I have a paper due.
Can anyone say CRASH LANDING back into reality?

But I wouldn't trade travel for anything..it was a great trip. One I don't think we ever dreamed we would take. I highly recommend Thailand to anyone considering an adventerous vacation combined with a little beach relaxation.

Now...can anyone tell me where I can get a massage for $6 in Minneapols??

6 comments:

Nate Hanson said...

Now is as good as time as any to say that I was teasing about seeing a "Portuguese Man-o-War" ... I definitely saw a big jelly fish and did get stung by numerous tiny ones. But to say which species, class, genus, etc is not exactly my area of expertise.

CouponWebz | UPrinting Coupons said...

Wow that place looks absolutely stunning! I wanna go snorkeling, too! :D
That's in Thailand, you say? Looks like a very good place for relaxation with friends or family :)

Steph said...

Absolutely loved following your travels. Seriously....how fun for you!

Anonymous said...

Did you pee on the jellyfish stings? As for the $6 massage (you make this too easy and hard for me to keep it clean..) keep rolling like you have and try the local jail. Find yourself the skankiest hooker with track marks...I bet she will do it for $6, maybe even $5.
Uncle Todd

Anonymous said...

WELCOME BACK TO THE REAL WORLD!!! Great to hear you guys had fun!!

dad

Anonymous said...

WELCOME BACK!!! NOW, BACK TO REALITY!!! WILL BE IN MPLS 16/17...MAYBE TOUCH BASE??? TOF