Monday, October 6, 2008

Marathon Season

So Nate and I met up with Katie to cheer on Summer and Joe as they both ran their FIRST marathon this past weekend.
Let me tell you a few fun facts:

1) It was mmm...about 45 degrees out

2) It was monsooning (Is that a word?)...torrential downpour, In the picture it looks like snow, which it may as well been.

3) These crazy people ran it in well under 4 hours (did I mention this was their first marathon).

4) Every time we saw them, Summer had a huge smile on her face...loving every minute of it (wasn't that an 80's song?).


Congrats Summer and Joe! Nate and I were so happy to cheer you on. You guys dominated the course!


Next up: Becca's first marathon!! Oh yeah! We are making the trek to Chicago to cheer her on. Did I mention we are bringing cowbells? YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Gert! I love following your blog :) That's awesome that you and Nate are coming to cheer for Becca! I wish I would be able to see you this weekend, but I'm going home for a wedding :( I hope Chicago gets some beautiful weather for the marathon this year (and not record-breaking heat like last year!)

Becca said...

COWBELLS?! Hell yes! This is a great photo of Summer and Joe. I hope I am smiling the whole time :-) I am so impressed with them. What an incredible finish! WOO. I just got a little nervous dip in my tummy. I am ready to BRING IT! WOO! And having you there to cheer will be SO great. WOO!

emily said...

(sigh.) i wish i could come to chicago, too. GO BECCA!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Greta...we should meet up to watch Becca together...Emily and i are plotting a greatly obnoxious sign of encouragement to wave in her face and she speeds on by! SO EXCITED!!!
Meghan

Anonymous said...

whta's in the air in Minnesota...such physically fir people 'up nort'...remember to tell Rebecca to breathe...TOF