Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Great Food: Episode 17

Last night we needed a quick meal, and we needed it to include minimal ingrediants because we have little food in our house right now.

Pasta with Proscuitto and Peas fit the bill, although we did still have to go to the grocery store for Proscuitto. And by we...I mean Nate.


Those of you who know me well, know I have a few quirks when it comes to food. And one of those is gristly meat. Once I catch a bit of gristle..I am done.
The tricky thing with this dish was that there was a fair amount of parmesan cheese and it melted on to the Proscuitto so while I kept thinking the proscuitto looked super gristly, it was always the just the cheese.
Anyway, I am weird and I know that so I guess self awarenes is the first step right? Nate loved it, which is good because he has about 3 days worth of leftovers!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

HOORAY for Leftovers....Nothin better!!! Eat Venison, no grisle

Dad

Anonymous said...

You are your fathers daughter :)
Wanna have some fun? Put a long hair in Reids food and watch the fun when he finds it.
Uncle Todd

Becca said...

NO KIDDING TODD!
The hair thing would ALWAYS get my dad. I remember dad GAGGING at the sight of a hair in a dishrag one time. That just may be his achilles heel :-)

Anonymous said...

alright..you're on to me..Lets leave the hair out of it....:))
I can go shoulder deep gutting out a deer no problems, but a long hair in a dish rag...I'm outta there...

dad

Anonymous said...

HEY REID...I REMEBER THE DISHRAG TRAUMA... I TEND TO AGREE WITH YOU THOUGH...WONDER HOW MUCH HAIR WE HAVE INGESTED SINCE I ENTRY ON THIS PLANET...HATE TO THINK OF THAT ONE....BUT PROCIOTTO(FANCY WORD FOR HAM) IS PRETTY DARN GOOD IF SALTY...TOF