Monday, April 28, 2008

This Weekend

This weekend was a good one.

We went to dinner with Nate's friends on Friday night for our late wedding present.
Public Service Announcement for those in the Twin Citise: DO NOT go to r. Norman's. It is not good at all and incredibly overpriced for whta you get. If your itching for a steak stick to Manny's because r. Norman's was horrible.


Saturday Morning we woke up to this:
Yep..gotta love MN. But it didn't phase us. I caught up with the girls over brunch and Nate cleaned the house (good deal for me huh?). We ended up having a few people over to play some games on Saturday night which is always fun.

Sunday brought a 15 mile run for Nate, a school paper for me and SECRET DATE NIGHT! Nate's secret date was to make merengue's. This may seem a little weird to the outsider, but those who live in the walls of 3905 Yosemite know that merengues are my new obsession so it was very cute of Nate to have us try our hand at making our own.

The verdict at the end of the night was that ours are not as good as the store bought kind, but we are holding out hope that they will continue to dry out today. For some reason they had a little mushy inside. Maybe we needed to bake longer? Any advice out there?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look like great rabbit tracking snow.....!!

Dad

Anonymous said...

How did you bake them? If my failing memory serves me correctly - some recipes call for a low oven for an hour and/or shuting the oven oven and leaving them in there! Practice makes perfect....Good Luck, Love, Mom

Becca said...

You go Martha's! The look yummy. Of course I have no clue how to make merenques..I don't even know how to spell it. I am sorry about the snow. That is RIDACALUS! Tell Nate he is the man, 15 miles! That's awesome.
Love ya both.
B

Nate Hanson said...

Final Verdict, according to someone who doesn't really have a valuable opinion anyway - The Meringues did dry out but still weren't as good the store bought versions. Nance you were right, they did bake at 200 for 2 hours then sat in the 'off' oven overnight. Either way it was fun and now we can only improve the process.

Debra Fiterman said...

My recipe reads: go the the store and buy them. Miss you guys!! xoxo, Debra

Becca said...

Hey! So did you finish Amy and Isabelle? What did you think? When's book club? Had you read it already?
B

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I finished it last night. I thought it was really good. Plenty to discuss at book club. It isn't until May 14th, so there are still a few more weeks before we discuss!

Anonymous said...

MER-A-NGUES??? I THOUGHT THAT WAS A DANCE...AND YOU GUYS ARE GOOD AT DANCING!!! OR AM I CONFUSED!!! PER USUAL....I'LL HAVE TO CHECK OUT AMY AND ISABELLE...YOU NEVER STEER ME WRONG ON A GOOD BOOK...TOF