Monday, March 24, 2008

March Madness

No I am not talking basketball people (although there were quite a few exciting games this weekend)...I am talking about the madness that is the once-in-a-decade fashion updating of my father.
That's right..after ELEVEN years (Mom and I did the math) we were able to get Dad to set foot in a mall. And not only a mall but also a DSW shoestore. Pretty impressive I know.
Here is Dad in the Macy's SUIT department...crazy I know. What is even crazier is that the salewoman literally took us to one suit, Dad put it on and said this one is fine and we were out of there. Shopping just isn't that easy when you are a girl.



Because the suit shopping was sooooo painless Mom and I decided that Dad should check out Eddie Bauer and get some new work clothes as well. Here he is "modeling".....



Does anyone else find it ironic that they stuck him in the handicapped room?



Mom and I did Let's Dish again which was fun. Dad didn't think "mixing ingrediants in plastic bags" sounded fun so he missed out...but not on the photo op!!


Oh yeah...it snowed ALL weekend. Yes it was pretty but seriously this winter is ridiculous.

It was a great weekend! We always love having the parents come to visit, especially during March Madness. There was a lot of basketball watched, and much Grain Belt consumed by the boys.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm good for another 10 years!!

dad!

Becca said...

AWWWW!
Dad! Way to go! Can't wait to come home next to see your super stylish duds. What am I going to tease you about now if you got new SHOES too?! Looks like you guys had a great weekend! Glad to FINALLY see those bangs Gert. Looking good!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had a pretty good time. Reid was looking like Americas next super model. Farm n Fleet may be calling.

Uncle Todd.

Anonymous said...

WOW...GOOD JOB 'EKERN WOMEN'...TO GET PA EKERN TO THE MALL IS A FEAT IN ITSELF LET ALONE GET HIM TO TRY THINGS ON!!!!...HE IS GOOD FOR 10 MORE YEARS...AND I LOVED THE APRONS AND BABUSHKAS...GLAD YOU HAD A FUN WEEKEND WITH OLD FOLKS...THEY ARE GOOD FUN ...AT TIMES!!!tof...