Wednesday, February 27, 2008

System Shock

This weekend Nate took us to the 'worlds largest indoor waterpark' over by the Mall of America. Let me start by telling you that the day we went was "supersaver day" so it was 50% to go. What Nate did not anticipate was that every single family in the Twin Cities area would also come to the waterpark on this day. The place was SWARMING with kids.


Anyway, we walk in and the park was heated to at least 80 degrees inside. It was so warm and humid my system went into complete shock. It felt great, but it still was not warm enough for me to get into cold water and go swimming around. So I hung out in the hot tub.

Nate was determined to enjoy this place so he took a ride on the lazy river.


Nate said he was inspired to choose this as his secret date by the home video of my family at Midway Motor Lodge that we saw a few weekends. When he asked me what changed and where was the little girl that would run and jump in the water I told him he clearly didn't pay attention in that video. If he had, he would have known that all I really needed was some candy.
The rest of the weekend went a little something like this:




5 comments:

Becca said...

Awwww!
Nate is so cute.
Honestly, those pictures of him are hilarious, you can tell he is really trying hard to have blast, by himself while you're relaxing in the hot tub. OOH the idea of being in a warm muggy place though sounds heavenly. Well while you were begging for candy, I was threatening to purchase a new mom out of catalog, so what does that say about me? Love ya.

Amy J said...

Greta I want you to know your blog has been a refreshing 'study break' for me when I'm stuck in doing a problem of some sort. I think you should be a columnist. Anyway, I know what you mean about those indoor water parks with the muggyness and the kids...I had the recent priviledge of being at one when a kid pooped in the kiddie pool and we had to clear out for 30min uh oh! Props to Nate for getting you out into the waterpark world and letting you forget about all your papers coming up!...and by the way..is it just me or am I the only one who can never crack the codes in order to publish my comments (perhaps I'm a little rusty on the alphabet? is that possible?)

Anonymous said...

Lu Lu is like the Energizer Bunny....!
See ya in a 10 days or so!
dad

Anonymous said...

I'm glad the blog can help with the study breaks! I'm thinking of your right now because I am sure you are just starting your big test!!! What do you mean by crack the code to publish the comments?

Anonymous said...

HEY THERE GERTIE...HOW ABOUT 'WARM AND MUGGY' NEXT 2009 SPRING BREAK WITH MOM EKERN AND TOF???? I'M GAME.....