Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Surviving the Writers Strike: Part 2

The writers strike has only been magnified this week and the frigid temps persist in the grand state of MN.

Luckily, I have been crazy busy at work and have had little time to think of television. However, when I do get home and am looking for a little R&R my TiVo has little to provide.

Here is a list of shows that I will ashamedly admit that I now watching--I use the word watch loosely as I usually am reading magazine, on the internet, etc during said watching--to get me through this horrible, new episde-less winter.

1) Crowned--the most horrendous guilty pleasure yet. Teams of mothers and daughters compete in a beauty pageant agasint other teams. Challenges are your typical talent competition, public speaking,e tc.

2) Make Me a Supermodel-this a Bravo's attempt at America's Next Top Model. You would think anything that eliminates Tyra Banks from the equation would be more successful but I still think it is worse.

3) Cashmere Mafia-this show is probably the only new one that I would watch if other new TV were on. It's good but a definite Sex and the City knock-off.

4) John and Kate Plus 8:--definitely the most entertaining show as it follows a couple who had twin girls and then tried for one more kid and ended up with sextuplets...to total 8 kids.

Thank goodness Friday Night Lights still has new episdoes as that is our favorite show. I start school again tomorrow, so the yearning for new TV will very soon fade into getting papers written, chapters read, and group projects complete.

Fun fun.

1 comment:

Becca said...

I have been watching Crowned too online. Nick came home the other night from the gym and I had it on and we listened in for like 3 seconds and was like, "WHAT IN THE HELL!??"
I the the Sexy Reds team....they are CRAZY, the mom looks BLOWN half the time, is WAY prettier without make-up but they are SUCH bitches! WHEW. Okay that felt good to dish on that stupid show :-) Who do you think is going to win by the way???? Love ya!