Thursday, April 14, 2011

Love is in the Air

As I mentioned before, I had the honor of standing up in one of my best friends wedding last weekend. And it truly was an honor to be among a family so filled with love...



...and a couple whose happiness was palpable.


 I was overcome with joy for my dear friend, and could not stop smiling (okay...honestly crying) anytime I thought about all the excitement, happiness and emotion she was feeling.


The word stunning does not even begin to describe Katie on her wedding day.



 And as anyone who knows one Ryan Plonske would expect, the wedding reception was beyond fun. As a person with child, who consumed no alcohol, I can attest to the fact that everyone had a good time (some maybe just a wee bit too much) and the dance floor was hopping all night long.

Baby H got some serious time on the dance floor. I think I might have pulled a muscle during Jump Around, but it didn't slow me down. I love how when people danced with me they automatically started dancing with their own phantom babies :)
I feel so lucky to have had just a small glimpse of Katie and Ryan in their wedded bliss this morning as they called me from Africa--and I'll tell you the "pure love" grin on both of their faces has not faded. Thank you Katie and Ryan for letting me be a part of your very special, and amazingly happy day. I am so happy for you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

They could have honeymooned in Vernon County....!!!

iuli said...

you picked some of my favortie photos! love phantom baby!

Amy J said...

Congrats Katie & Ryan!!! Thrilled for your new chapter. Love and marriage, love and marriage go together like a horse and carriage!

Greta you look amazing and adorable!

Anonymous said...

FUN FUN FUN :)
Glad I found a moment to finally peek in and see your photos. Love all the dancing pics of course.
Katie was GORGEOUS!!!!! whoa.
You looked amazing too hon.