Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The Great Minnesota Get Together

Last week, after 3 summer of boycotting, Nate and I gave into the Minnesota State Fair. To be totally honest, it was my fall back secret date, and needless to say I had to fall back to it. For some reason I didn't have any other good ideas.

So what is at the "Greatest State Fair Ever" you might ask?

We first off there is food...and lots of it. Oh...an most of it is on a stick of some sort.

There was a pork chop on a stick:


Mac N Cheese on Stick


Deep Fried Reeses Peanut Butter Cups (on a stick)


Frozen Pickle Juice Popsicles (MMMMMmmmm!)


The delicious Grilled Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich


And the ever popular Kettle Corn


And there were other fair classics like photo stands, large vegetables...


And PIGS GIVING BIRTH!



Umm..you see that ladies hands? Yeah..she literally just caught a piglet that flew out of that sow...not kidding. It was pretty freaking awesome.

All in all, the State Fair was pretty fun. We both left with minor stomach aches, and a smile on our face!

6 comments:

emily said...

i just noticed your bookshelf! jessica is going to love it. reeses on a stick. mmmmmmmmmm.

Nate Hanson said...

Cripes, I forgot about those beets! Those things were monsters. I wish my head had been in the pic so you could have seen how big they really were. BTW, all the food was amazing, if grease and fat are your kind of thing.

Anonymous said...

oh my gracious emily was so right. just scroll right over for a synopsis and review??? lovely. if only greta herself could add her 2 cents.... or can i assume you'll only put the good ones on the shelf?

Anonymous said...

Jessica--I'll definitely check it out to see if I can add my own review. It automatically updates from my SHelfari.com page. BUT in the meantime...DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE read Summer People...boring boring boring, and it goes nowhere!

Anonymous said...

at this place around the corner from my apartment they have fried mac n cheese which looks like mac and cheese on a stick...mmmmm my favorite! I want some reese's....

Anonymous said...

I will have to share one of the pig birthing adventures I had growing up. When grampa said who has the smallest hands I knew I was in trouble. He sent me in for some soap, I was dumb enough to ask...he just looked at me and said you are going in to get the pigs out. Good times on the farm.
Uncle Todd