Tuesday, September 9, 2008

GraNate

WARNING: For those men out there who may have a weak stomach, stop reading this post now.
*****
Last night, class let out early. My Professor actually felt bad for us sitting in a classroom while the Packers and Vikings were playing so he let us out in time to see the 2nd half! Nice!!

I drove home thinking, "I wonder where Nate is watching the game?", and then..."well I won't call him because then he will feel like he has to come home...."

I pull into the driveway and like every light in the house is on, and Nate is there. I walk in and Nate is busy making up bags of some sort.

He was surprised to see me, and told me that he cancelled his Football viewing plans, because he couldn't "in good conscious" go to a bar and drink while I was sitting in class.

Instead, he watched the game while making me care packages for each night I have class this semester filled with nutritious food (apparently he wasn't happy with my Luna bar and apple), and my favorite treat: merengues. All prepackaged in many ziploc baggies for easy transport and consumption!



Too sweet!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, Nate, you are REALLY making the rest of us slugs look bad....:)) I'm going to put some Grain Belt long necks in a plastic bag and present them to the wife tonite, just to show I care!:))))
Guess you are going to have to give me some lessons.....Go Pack!

Reid

emily said...

whoa.

nate.

the grain belt connection makes sense now, as my husband fell in love with it when he was at Winona State, in your neck of the woods, reid.

hooray, green bay!

Anonymous said...

i had a TA in college who served us grain belt at our study sessions. can't remember what class. i wonder why....

but thats some serious newlywedding going on.

Anonymous said...

aww where can I find a boy like that! I can't even find one that will buy me a drink!
so nice...and great 2nd half too!! I WAS sitting in class during the game...thank goodness for TiVo-I had to avoid score updates so I could be surprised...totally worth it!

Becca said...

AWWWWW! That Nate is the best. What a guy. Love it.

Anonymous said...

Nate, Nate, Nate, Nate, Nate...dude you are killing the guys out there, but the girls are loving it. Glad you are taking care of Greta.
Uncle Todd

Anonymous said...

I didn't even check your blog yesterday because you had just posted one, we were still waiting for Becca's blog AND I knew you had class......IF it is true that you can teach an old dog a new trick I will remain hopeful that Nates thoughtful actions can rub off on Old Buck. Grain Belt 1st, maybe dinner out 2nd....who knows!
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

i just swallowed a little vomit...

Anonymous said...

Enlighten the Iowan about this "grain belt" stuff...I don't think we have in Iowa????..where can I get it Nate????

Anonymous said...

Hey Nate...where can I get this "grain belt" stuff...it must be a wonder drug or something...We don't have it in Iowa and I NEED a wonder drug...The Iowan