Friday, December 7, 2007

In the Loop

Last night, Nate and I attended a taping of the radio show In the Loop with Jeff Horwich. This show is broadcast on MPR Sunday afternoons.

I must admit, when I found out that we were going to a MPR show my initial reaction was (yawn!)..I hope I don't fall asleep. To my surprise, the show was very fun, informative and entertaining.

The topic was all about fitting in, and the lengths we go to to ensure that we fit in. There was a range of guests on the show from 7th grade girls who talked about fitting in, to a chimpanzee researcher, a transgendered man, an immigrant and a woman is literally allergic to any scent. Super interesting. Plus, the main host had a little side-kick band called the Smarts that were very good.

To top it all off...the tickets were free!! AND we got one beer a peice, and some delicious pre-show snacks.

So...for any of you looking for a fun, cheap, different evening...log onto http://minnesota.publicradio.org/radio/programs/in_the_loop/ and request your free tickets!!

1 comment:

Becca said...

Yay! I was eagerly awaiting a new post.
Sounds like you had a really fun night! The topic sounds SUPER interesting! You'll have ot fill me in on it more later. Crazy day here today, big event tomorrow. I know you've been swamped too. Sorry things at work have been frustrating. Talk to you later. Love you!