Sunday, February 20, 2011

Snow.M.G

We headed home to Viroqua this weekend to spend some quality time with the fam, only to be greeted with a major snowstorm on Sunday which forced us to leave early and endure a 5 and a half hour trek home.

 And it truly was 'enduring' as Nate drove through shoddily plowed roads, no visibility, and ice-caked windshield wipers. And I enduring sitting in a car seat for that long with nothing to do, and trying to calm my pregnant urges to go to the bathroom every 20 minutes.

Yes it seems like a lop-sided endurance. And truth-be-told, Nate had it MUCH worse than I did. But I did feel very helpless knowing how stressed Nate was and there was literally nothing I could do, except not gasp every 2 seconds and freak him out.

But even with the EPIC journey back to MN, it was still fun to get to see everyone. To hear Finn tell Nate : "Don't push it," and tell me, "I can't wait until your baby is out so I can kiss it". And to get Leo snuggles in and watch him roll over and projectile vomit on Mom (sorry Mom..that was epic in and of itself).

And the best news out of all of this was the realization that Nate and I had that now the Christmas Cancel-er has a new standard to cancel Christmas...and it is going to be TOUGH.

None of this snow can get us down as we are OUTTA here very shortly for a warm-sunny destination. So to this load of crap mother nature calls weather I say PEACE OUT.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder if they make the Rudolph the red nosed reindeer app for buttaphones and navigation. Did you feel like Laura from Little House on the Praire?
Uncle Todd

Anonymous said...

GLAD to hear you made it ok...and the X-mas Canceler would have been in effect with 50% of such a storm.. You guys have fun in the sun.

Anonymous said...

Good Morning, Glad to hear you supported each other on a trying journey home. It was great to spend time together even with a quick departure. Have a great time in a warmer climate, and I look forward to our next time together. Love, Mom