Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Review of Hawaii: Race Day!

On our first morning in Hawaii, we woke up bright and early and headed out to the Maui Prince Hotel in Wailea where we participated in the Xterra World Championship 5k Charity race. On the way to Hawaii we read a magazine article that said this was the hardest 5k in the country, so I was pretty nervous.

It was definitely the hardest 5k I have ever run in my life, but it was totally worth it. It was one of our favorite memories of the honeymoon. I have also never done a run with such beautiful scenery to take your mind of the excruciating pain in your legs.

The post race feast was amazing with tons of fresh fruit and muffins. YUM! Nate and I got lots of cheering because we wore a bride and groom get-up!

Check-Out those views:

Running up of the many long, steep, rocky hills


After the finish line:

1 comment:

Becca said...

You guys are so hardcore!
Everyone that I told about you doing this race on the first day of your honeymoon thought you were CRAZY! You both look super fit. And you placed so well! Amazing.
Hoo Wa!